It’s Vahur with exciting news. I’m thrilled you’ve joined this mailing list, which is about helping you to get started, build your online business, and ditch your 9 to 5.
What you’re reading now is the first installment of my new weekly newsletter—Creator’s Tuesday. In it, you will find bite-sized tips & tricks about topics like marketing, business, sales, and mindset.
Nobody likes spam, and nobody likes letters that are too long. Don’t worry. I will keep it short and insightful. Enjoy!
7 must-have tools for your online business
No online business can operate without having specific essential tools in place. You may compare different alternatives to find what works for you, but here are 7 that you can’t go wrong with:
- Calendly – Organising your schedule & booking calls
- Zoom – Hosting meetings, lessons & group calls
- Trello – Prioritising & planning tasks
- Leadpages – Building landing pages
- Stripe – Accepting payments & managing cashflow
- MailChimp – Building & nurturing mailing lists
- Notion – Strategy work & organizing processes
Do this if you’ve been procrastinating all day – By Alexey Guzey
This practical plan is from Alexey Guzey’s blog post: “Every productivity thought I’ve ever had, as concisely as possible.”
In the post, he reminds us of an important paradox: Every productivity system stops working eventually, and there’s nothing we can do about it.
You’ve most likely tried the Pomodoro technique. You set the timer for 25 minutes, then take a 5-minute break, then set the timer for 25 minutes again. Or you could try allowing yourself to take a break at any time, but not to start doing something else. For example, opening a new browser tab or checking your phone is off limits. You can stare out the window for a few minutes, but by eliminating distractions, you’ll get your work done eventually.
No solution is perfect. However, here’s a short-term fix for what you can do if you’ve been procrastinating for an entire day:
- Accept that you won’t do anything today and try not to get angry at yourself.
- Set the alarm for the time you will be preparing to go to bed today.
- No, really. Do it. It will take 20 seconds.
- Procrastinate for the rest of the day.
- When the alarm rings, put your laptop and everything you need for work in your backpack.
- When you wake up, try not to check social media, email, or anything else. Do not take anything out of your backpack.
- Get dressed, take your stuff, and go to a library, cafe, or whatever else where you have either:
- never been to;
- been to but never procrastinated within the last 6 months.
- While getting to that place, figure out what you want to be doing today.
- Do it.
- Return home in the evening. Don’t take anything (especially your laptop) out of your backpack. Repeat steps 6-10.
Cool Screenshot App you should check out – Xnapper Beta
Sometimes you want to include screenshots on your landing pages or social media posts.
If you’re after pretty screenshots, Xnapper has just changed the game.
Take a screenshot, and Xnapper will add a cool border and saves it in a format ready for social media.
Best part? It’s FREE while in Beta.
That does it for week 1.
Have you got topics you’d love me to cover next time?
Let me know, and I will do my best to get back to you.
P.S. Did someone forward this to you? Subscribe here.
See you again next week.
Whenever you’re ready, there are 2 ways I can help you:
- If your agency, company, or marketing team struggles with creating your weekly content and finding new clients on social media, I’d recommend considering my course:
Content Production Masterclass: A 7-step system to attract a steady stream of clients online by writing a high-impact newsletter and outstanding daily content in less than 8 hours a week.
- If you’d like me to coach or consult you in private, I offer a 1-on-1 coaching program and a 1-hour consultation call. Learn more about my services here.